Emergency Eye Care
Emergency Eye Care Services
While some ocular emergencies require an immediate trip to the emergency room, there are many eye emergencies we are better equipped to handle because we specialize in eye care, and we have the equipment and technology to properly diagnose and treat eye conditions.
- If you have sustained injuries to other parts of your body in addition to your eyes, have punctured your eye, or are otherwise bleeding from your eyes, please go to the emergency room immediately.
When do you need emergency eye care?
If you are experiencing acute eye issues of any kind, it is important to be seen and to get expert eye care as soon as possible. Emergency eye problems can range from mild to severe and escalate quickly, so it is wise to see an eye doctor sooner rather than later in these situations. Neglecting to see an emergency eye doctor may lead to serious or potentially permanent consequences for your eyes. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, get in touch with our office right away:
- Eye discharge
- Scratched eyes
- Chemical injury
- Foreign body in the eye such as a speck of dust, wood chip, or metal shaving
- Sudden increase in the number of floaters
- Seeing flashing lights
- Sudden loss of vision, double vision, or blurry vision
- Irregular eye movement
- Itchy, red, or bloodshot eyes
- Extreme sensitivity to light
- Burning or stinging sensation in the eyes, eye pain
If you are experiencing an ocular emergency, follow these steps:
- Wash your hands to help avoid spreading infection if the problem is contagious.
- Do not attempt to remove something stuck in your eye.
- Avoid touching your eyes, which can cause increased irritation.
- Do not drive or operate machinery if your vision is impaired.
Emergency eye care services
If you suspect you need emergency eye care, do not wait. Call Vision Center of Lake Norman in Mooresville, or Lifetime Eyecare in Newton today to get the help you need from our qualified doctors.
At Vision Center of Lake Norman, we can help if you are dealing with emergency eye care in Mooresville, Davidson, Troutman, Sherrills Ford, Terrell, Huntersville, Statesville, and Cornelius, North Carolina.