One of the best eye care tips we can give you is to come into our office in Cornelius, NC for a comprehensive eye exam on an annual basis.
Making proper eye care a priority is an essential aspect of maintaining your vision and the long-term health of your eyes. At Vision Center of Lake Norman, we are here to make taking care of your eyes a simple and beneficial process.
One of the best eye care tips we can give you is to come into our office in Mooresville, North Carolina for a comprehensive eye exam on an annual basis. During this exam, if you wear glasses or contact lenses, we will make sure that your prescription is correct and adjust it if necessary. Regardless of whether you use corrective eyewear products or not, we will also check for signs that could indicate there is a problem with your eyes and answer any questions you might have.
Eye Care Tips for All Ages
Maintaining good eyesight and eye health should be a goal for everyone at every age. Take these steps to keep your eyes healthy and vision strong throughout your lifetime:
- Good eye health all starts with what you’re eating, so make sure you consume a well-rounded diet with plenty of nutrients.
- Whenever you go outside, wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from ultraviolet rays.
- If you are exposed to hazardous materials at home or at work, wear safety eyewear.
- Looking at a screen for too long can cause eyestrain, blurry vision, headaches, dry eyes and other problems, so limit your time on devices.
In between appointments, there are several things you can do at home to take care of your eyes. For example, you should:
• Eat foods that promote good eye health, like salmon, green leafy vegetables, and citrus
• Wear sunglasses whenever you go outside, even if it is just for a moment, to protect your eyes
• Avoid staring at a computer or television screen for too long
• Try to quit smoking
• Wear protective eyewear whenever you work with airborne or hazardous materials at work or at home
At Vision Center of Lake Norman, it is our priority to help you and all of your family members with their eye care needs. To set up an eye exam with our office, get in touch with us today.
At Vision Center of Lake Norman, we offer eye care services to residents of Mooresville, Davidson, Troutman, Sherrills Ford, Terrell, Huntersville, Statesville, and Cornelius, North Carolina.