We can set you up with prescription sunglasses that work well no matter what your daily routine may be.
Did you know that there are certain situations in which you may be at greater risk for UV exposure, requiring more protection for your eyes? At Vision Center of Lake Norman, we understand how important your vision is to you and want to help you make smart choices when it comes to your eye health. That’s why we provide comprehensive eye exams and can set you up with prescription sunglasses that work well no matter what your daily routine may be.
According to the American Optometric Association, you should take greater care to protect your eyes if you fall under one or more of the following scenarios:
- You spend a lot of time outdoors, in particular at the beach, skiing, or mountain climbing.
- You live in the mountains or the U.S. sunbelt.
- You visit tanning beds or use a sun lamp.
- Your work includes welding, medical technology, graphic arts, or manufacturing of electronics.
- You’ve had cataract surgery in one or both eyes.
- You take prescription drugs that cause sensitivity to UV light.
The good news is that there is an easy way to protect your eyes and vision when you utilize prescription sunglasses during work or play in Statesville, North Carolina. It is recommended that you follow some simple guidelines when choosing prescription sunglasses or regular sunglasses to wear:
- They should block out 75-90% of visible light.
- Lenses should be gray for proper color recognition and matched in color to reduce distortion.
- They should block both UV-A and UV-B rays at 99-100%.
Remember to provide children and teenagers with proper protective eyewear as well, since they often spend more time in the sun.
If you have questions about selecting prescription sunglasses or would like to schedule a comprehensive eye exam, contact us at Vision Center of Lake Norman today. We are look forward to seeing you soon!