One of the most exciting situations we experience at our Huntersville, NC area office is introducing contact lenses to a new patient.
Whether you are 5 years old or 95 years old, at Vision Center of Lake Norman, our practice strives to make sure that every patient has an opportunity to wear contact lenses. If you’ve had PRK, RK, or LASIK, we have contact lens options for you. If you have dry eyes, astigmatism, or bifocals, we have contact lens options for you. If you want to wear your lenses for 30 days straight, or wear lenses for just one day and then throw them away, we have contact lens options for you.
One of the most exciting situations we experience at our office is introducing contact lenses to a new patient. We recommend considering the prospect of wearing contact lenses if you are looking for a glasses-free option and greater vision freedom.
Take Better Care of Your Contact Lenses with These Tips
Improve your comfort on a daily basis when you wear contact lenses by following these guidelines:
- Always wash your hands with soap and water before handling your contact lenses.
- Minimize contact with water. If you leave your lenses in to go swimming or in a hot tub, do not open your eyes under water. Also, make sure to remove the contacts afterward and clean them thoroughly to remove the bacteria from the water.
- Never rinse or store your contact lenses in tap water.
- Remember that saliva is not a sterile solution, so you should never use it to wet your contacts.
- Wear and replace your contact lenses according to the schedule prescribed by your eye doctor.
Our stress-free process helps you get used to taking your contacts in and out, while also helping you feel comfortable wearing your new lenses. We begin this process with a comprehensive eye exam, so we are able to find the most accurate prescription for your eyes and your lifestyle. During this part of the process, we will introduce you to all of your contact lens options, so you feel confident in your choice.
If you’re nervous about using and wearing contact lenses for the first time, just remember that 99% of new wearers walk out of our office the very same day wearing their lenses. To schedule your contact lens fitting with our office in the Huntersville, North Carolina area, give us a call today.