If you have red eyes and the problem persists, we advise that our Huntersville, NC customers make an appointment with our optometrist right away.
When you wake up in the morning with red eyes, you might attribute the problem to lack of sleep and go about your day. However, if the issue persists, it’s critical that our Huntersville, North Carolina patients make an appointment with our optometrist at Vision Center of Lake Norman.
If you are suffering from red eyes, keep in mind that this eye problem is extremely common and that it might show up in one or both of your eyes. In most cases, the redness that appears in your eyes comes from blood vessels that have expanded on the surface of your eye, typically due to inflammation from an infection or some form of irritation. For example, you might develop red eyes if there is a foreign object in one of your eyes or if you have dry eyes.
Keep in mind that brief periods of red eyes are nothing to be too concerned about. However, you should come in for an eye exam at our office if:
- You can no longer see clearly out of one or both of your eyes
- You find that your eyes are painful, you become nauseated, or you have a hard time being in areas with bright light
- You can’t keep your eyes open all the way for extended periods of time
- A sensation exists that indicates there’s something in one of your eyes, but you can’t find it
- Light sensitivity and/or any discharge from your eyes
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at Vision Center of Lake Norman. As eye care professionals, we truly care about helping you maintain the health of your eyes.